Thursday, September 14, 2006

Peach Cobbler

With all the delicious Ontario peaches in the stores these days, its almost impossible to buy a basket and have any left over to make into something sweet. I really wanted to try them out in a baked good so I found a simple peach cobbler recipe that I could put together quickly before the peaches disappeared.

The recipe is super simple and very basic. The most time consuming part of the process is peeling the peaches which I did by plunging in hot water for 30 seconds. If you take the time to do this, the skin will come off very easily. You can add some flavouring to the peaches or cobbler - cinnamon and ginger may be good flavours to try. You could even throw in some berries for more colour. I didn't add anything to my cobbler and the dessert was yummy. Warm, soft juicy peaches in a not-too-sweet sauce topped with light biscuits. To make it extra special, try topping with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, gelato or frozen yogurt. It was homey and satisfying all at once and tasted great the next day for breakfast.

Recipe: Peach Cobbler

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love peach cobbler! I've got to buy some peaches...

Anonymous said...

holy crap that looks good. How hot was the water that you put the peaches in? was it boiling, or just hot tap water?

Canadian Baker said...

Tyler - The water was boiling at first . I turned off the stove and the water stayed hot enough to do all the peaches afterwards. If you find the peaches aren't peeling easily, just warm up the water again. Thanks for reading!