Monday, July 24, 2006

Spicy Ginger Crinkle Cookies

After reading about the Cocoa Cappuccino Cookies at Tea and Cookies and seeing their lovely sparkle, I decided to make a favourite cookie that is also rolled in coarse sugar - Spicy Ginger Crinkles.

I've made these cookies for years and they are yummy. They consist of a molasses/ginger dough that is rolled onto balls, rolled in sugar and then baked. The result is a crackled, spicy cookie that is perfect with milk and tea. Kids who like strong flavours will like them too. The longer you bake then the crispier they become.

Another reason that I made these is that my little neighbour, The Princess, asked me to and, as the obedient baker that I am, I quickly set out to to make her happy. Time to make a delivery!

Recipe: Spicy Ginger Crinkle Cookies

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Great minds think alike? I have a similar recipe for a Giant Ginger Cookie that I plan to make tomorrow!

Jen said...

A baker after my own heart : ) I love ginger and these look amazing. I love the look of that crunchy exterior.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cookies. Ginger is not my favorite flavor but for some reason ginger in cookies is perfect tasting!

Unknown said...

I have this recipe and it is wonderful. We always make it around Christmas time. It makes such tender cookies.

Canadian Baker said...

Quellia - I hope your cookies turn out wonderfully! Thanks for stopping by!

Jenjen - If you like ginger you would like these for sure!

Tanna - I know, ginger in a cookie tastes much different than in savoury food. :)

Claire - I usually make these a lot during the holidays as well - and, well, all year long to be exact! :)

Anonymous said...

my family loves ginger cookies and i'm always looking for recipes...can you tell me if this comes out chewy or crispy? thanks =)

umelbanat said...

I'm planning on using more ginger in my cooking ..& I will be making these cookies...they look really yummy!!