Thursday, May 25, 2006

Chocolate Marble Chunk Cookies

Sometimes you just can't decide what kind of cookie you want. Regular chocolate chip or the reverse? At some point in history, an ingenious baker out there came up with a solution to this dilemma by creating a cookie featuring both types of dough marbled together to make one unique cookie that satisfies both light and dark cookie cravings.

Chocolate Marble Chunk cookies is one of many variations of this cookie. It comes from The Good Cookie and is a simple drop cookie dough. The marbling of the two doughs only takes a few extra minutes and the effort is worth it. These cookies look dramatic and you'll instantly feel compelled to eat one, honest.

The only change I made was to use chocolate chips because I didn't have any bar chocolate and I also added grated orange zest to the chocolate batter for an extra flavour dimension. This turned out to be a good idea and made the cookies taste like a Terry's Chocolate Orange. If you don't like the chocolate-orange combo, just omit the zest - the cookie will still be delicious!

Recipe: Chocolate Marble Chunk Cookies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh ... my very favourite cookie book!

You know just this morning I was thinking about you and thinking that I hadn't read a post in awhile. And then what do you know.

Love the cookies!

jasmine said...

I love the yin-yang appearance. I love Terry's Chocolate Oranges...but I fear, should I make these cookies, I *won't* whack and unwrap...I'll just snarfle them :)

j

Canadian Baker said...

Thanks Ivonne! I agree - TGC is the best cookie book. :)

Hi Jasmine - I'm glad you like the look - yin-yang is really a perfect description. :)