Sunday, February 05, 2006

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

One of the quickest cookies for me to make up are peanut butter cookies. I usually have all the ingredients on hand and they are made as a simple drop cookie which means there is no fussy shaping involved. However, if you want them to be uniform in shape and size, a little rolling will be needed to achieve the desired results.

I decided to use a recipe from my Canadian Living Cookbook.
It did not include the chocolate chip variation but I added some anyways to liven them up. I used natural peanut butter for the recipe as well. The dough mixed up easily and when they baked, the cookies flattened nicely but were not frisbees. The cookies are chewy and dense, but not heavy. Two or three cookies would go perfectly with a cold glass of milk or a hot mug of tea. If you would like to try them out, you can find the recipe on the Canadian Living website.

No comments: